Wednesday, May 21, 2014

ELLO FROM LONDON

It has been exactly one week since I landed on this God loving, beer drinking, mind blowing creative hub and I think I love it!
London has been very kind and welcoming of me with generous sunshine and warm weather, but no matter where I go I am reminded by the local Londoners that the weather is not usually this magnificent and not to expect it to stay... Misleading? I don't mind.
From first impressions London seems to be ever so similar to Sydney, but on a massive scale! This may be due to the large population of expats now calling Australia home (God love you Stephen) or vice versa.
London is extremely busy and there is always something going on, let it be food stalls that fills the cobble stoned streets with wild aromas of cuisines from all over the world, to fashion music video shoots on the streets of Brick Lane or masses of trash and treasure antiques that is to be rummaged through at the markets! 
There is so much happening here and there is still loads more to take in... The city is beautiful and charming and no matter where you look there is a reminder of the history that lays within this city, the architecture is grand and I could not help my self but to think that at some point of it's existence these buildings could have very well hosted a momentous point in the history of this nation or even the world, so it feels to me anyway.
So far the few places I have managed to check out is Oxford Street, Brick lane Market, London's Gherkin and Covent Garden... and don't let the name fool you, there is no garden there as I found out (awkward!).
Well I'm off to Portugal tomorrow for 4 days, I better sign off and start packing!
















All images are subject to copyright. Images may not be used in any way shape or form with out written permission from Vincent Phan. Images are NOT permitted to be saved, printed or uploaded. Violation of copyright laws are punishable by law.

No comments:

Post a Comment